Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Here's another great Valentine cake. Lavender being such a LOVELY herb! Bake in heartshaped cake pans for real impact. Time does not include steeping time for lavender.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender blossoms (3 inch) or 4 sprigs fresh lavender (3 inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- white chocolate curls
- fresh lavender, sprigs for decoration (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Bake and cool shells according to package directions.
- PLACE 1/2 cup heavy cream and lavender in small saucepan.
- Heat to a boil and cook for 2 minute
- Remove from heat.
- Let steep for about 30 minute
- PLACE cheese in medium bowl.
- Pour lavender cream mixture through a fine sieve into bowl, pressing down on lavender to remove any additional liquid. (Discard lavender).
- Stir to combine and let stand 20 minute or until cooled.
- WHIP remaining heavy cream with sugar in a chilled bowl at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat.
- Fold half the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream, just until blended.
- Spoon or pipe cheese filling into pastry shells.
- REFRIGERATE for 1 hours
- Garnish with white chocolate and additional lavender.
- TIP: Dried lavender blossoms and mascarpone cheese may be purchased in specialty food markets or health food stores.
- You can make your own puff pastry shells if you only have puff pastry sheets available.
Beautiful and delicious! Thanks for this AMAZING recipe. I doubled the lavender because I really like the flavor. I also added lilac food coloring to both the cheese mixture and the whipping cream...which totally upped the "cuteness" factor (see photo [topped with white chocolate chips]),