Lavender isn't for everybody - it's an aquired taste. It is beautiful though! The original name is "La glace à la lavande et sa salade de fruits - Lavender Icecream and its salad." From latartinegourmande.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Lavender Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 10 1/2 ounces fine sugar
Currant and Raspberry Salad with Syrup
- 1Ice Cream:Mix together the sugar and the milk in a pot, and bring to boil.
- 2Remove from the heat and add the lavender flowers.
- 3Let infuse covered for a minute of 8 hours, overnight if you can.
- 4Filter the milk.
- 5Whip your cream firm, into chantilly, and add it carefully to the lavender milk.
- 6Place in your ice cream maker and use according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- 7Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- 8Salad: To make the syrup with red currants mix together the water and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- 9Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp lavender flowers.
- 10Let infuse and cool down.
- 12Mix the red currants into a purée, and use a sieve or a chinois to remove the seeds.
- 13Add this purée to the cool syrup, and mix well.
- 14Wash your fruit.
- 15Mix with the lemon and sugar.
- 16Add the fruit to the syrup.
- 17Serve this fruit salad with a few lavender ice cream scoops.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Ice Cream and Currant Salad
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.1
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 52.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: