Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lavender isn't for everybody - it's an aquired taste. It is beautiful though! The original name is "La glace à la lavande et sa salade de fruits - Lavender Icecream and its salad." From latartinegourmande.com
Lavender Ice Cream
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 cup heavy cream
- 10 1⁄2 ounces fine sugar
Currant and Raspberry Salad with Syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 ounces fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 7 ounces red currants
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers
- yellow raspberries (1.5 oz per serving)
- red currants (1.5 oz per serving)
- 1⁄2 lemon, for its juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Ice Cream:Mix together the sugar and the milk in a pot, and bring to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the lavender flowers.
- Let infuse covered for a minute of 8 hours, overnight if you can.
- Filter the milk.
- Whip your cream firm, into chantilly, and add it carefully to the lavender milk.
- Place in your ice cream maker and use according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place in the freezer until ready to use.
- Salad: To make the syrup with red currants mix together the water and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 tsp lavender flowers.
- Let infuse and cool down.
- Mix the red currants into a purée, and use a sieve or a chinois to remove the seeds.
- Add this purée to the cool syrup, and mix well.
- Wash your fruit.
- Mix with the lemon and sugar.
- Add the fruit to the syrup.
- Serve this fruit salad with a few lavender ice cream scoops.