Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Here's an ice cream with a slightly more adult flavor - try this following a pork dish. This recipe does call for an ice-cream maker.
- Warm honey with lavender in a sacuepan (for best results, use one that is not aluminum).
- Taste after 5 minutes to judge the strength of the lavender flavor; if not strong enough, heat a bit longer (lavender is a very strong flavor, so be careful).
- Heat the half-and-half with cream in a saucepan (again, one without aluminum is best).
- Break up yolks in a bowl, then whisk in some of the hot cream.
- Return the yolks and cream to the saucepan and cook at low until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain nto a covered container and blend in honey (discard the lavender).
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, then freeze in an ice-cream maker as per the manufacturer's instructions.
I love this recipe. The honey flavor is just right. The texture is perfectly creamy.