1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The Perfect Scoop
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, heat the honey and 2 tablespoons of the lavender; once warm, remove from the heat and set aside to steep at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 2Warm the milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- 3Pour the cream into a large bowl and set a mesh strainer on top.
- 4Pour the lavender-infused honey into the cream through the strainer, pressing on the lavender flowers to extract as much flavor as possible; discard the lavender and set the strainer back over the cream.
- 5In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks; slowly pour the warm mixture (step 2 mixture) into the egg yolks, whisking constantly, then scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
- 6Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula.
- 7Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream.
- 8Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons lavender flowers and stir until cool over an ice bath.
- 9Chill the mixture overnight in the refrigerator.
- 10The next day, before churning, strain the mixture, again pressing on the lavender flowers to extract their flavor.
- 11Discard the flowers, then freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender-Honey Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1028 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 139.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 139.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender flowers