Recipe by Annacia
Posted for ZWT 8 and originally found on Cityline. This sounds perfectly scrumptious. I haven't had a chance to try this yet so am guessing about time so be sure to check often.
- 4 lamb racks, Frenched
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill/oven to medium-high, approximately 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, rosemary, thyme and lavender. Mix the ingredients together until they are well combined. Tip: Your fingers work best for mixing.
- Brush the meat portion of the lamb rack liberally with the Dijon mustard. Cover the lamb with the lavender/bread crumb mixture making sure to coat it well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place lamb on lightly oiled grill or pan and place on grill or in oven.
- Cook lamb until bread crumbs brown. Then flip lamb rack over to bottom side and allow it to cook until medium-rare. Note: internal temperature should be 125ºF.
- Remove from grill/oven, let it rest for several minutes and serve while still hot.