Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lavender oil has awesome antiseptic or germ-killing properties. Did you know that it takes an acre of lavender flowers to yield about 20 pounds of oil?! Fresh flowers are put in huge kettles over boiling water and the oil is distilled off. This recipe may be used on the face or enjoy splashing it all over the body after a shower or bath. From the book:Natural Beauty At Home by Janice Cox.
- 3 tablespoons distilled water
- 2 tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons witch hazel or 2 tablespoons vodka
- 2 -3 drops lavender oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or 1⁄2 teaspoon glycerine
- Mix everything together.
- Pour into a clean bottle.
- Apply using a clean cotton ball.
- Store covered in the bottle when not using.