This lavender suffused dressing is fabulous drizzled over a plateful of fresh salad greens; it is also a wonderful marinade for various meats, poultry, and fish! Marinating time is 15 minutes to overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary 'provence' lavender buds, finely ground in a spice grinder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- fresh lavender flowers, to garnish
- In a jar with a well-fitting lid, combine all ingredients.
- Shake well.
- Lovely served drizzled over fresh salad greens, or use as a tasty marinade for meats, poultry or fish (marinate for 15 minutes to overnight).