Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The taste of this lavender custard is unique. Enjoy.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7 lavender flowers (or buds)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream, whipped
- Combine cream, milk, honey, sugar, salt and lavender flowers (or buds) in double boiler.
- Cook for 10 minutes over hot simmering water, stir frequently.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks. Add 1/2 cup of custard to the yolks, mixing well.
- Return yolks mixture to double boiler and stir until thickens. Remove from heat.
- Strain custard to remove lavender and put in a bowl. Put waxed paper across custard to cover and prevent skin from forming.
- Chill until set and before serving, add whipped cream folding into custard.