Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for a high tea or a garden pary
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 7 lavender, spikes
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream, whipped
- Combine cream, milk, honey, sugar, salt and lavender in double boiler.
- Cook for 10 minutes over hot simmering water, stir frequently.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Add 1/2 cup of custard to the yolks, mixing well.
- Return to double boiler and stir until thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain custard to remove lavender and put in a bowl.
- Put waxed paper across custard to prevent skin from forming.
- Chill until set.
- Before serving, whip cream and fold in custard.