1/5 Photos of Lavender Cupcakes
Shannon Cooks's Note:
The lavender in these cupcakes is understated yet elegant and thoroughly unique. If the frosting part of the recipe does not appeal to you, you may substitute your favorite buttercream frosting instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml dried lavender flowers
- 118.29 ml butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml self-rising flour
- 29.58 ml milk
FROSTING AND DECORATING
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- lilac food coloring
- 12 sprig of fresh lavender (optional)
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F; line a 12 count muffin pan with paper liners.
- 3Put the sugar and lavender flowers in a food processor. Process briefly to combine.
- 4Tip the lavender sugar into a bowl with the butter and beat together until pale and fluffy.
- 5Beat the eggs into the butter mixture, one at a time, then sift in the flour and fold gently. Stir in the milk, then spoon the mixture into the muffin cups.
- 6Bake for about 18 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 8To decorate, gradually beat the confectioners’ sugar into the egg white in a bowl, then add a few drops of food coloring and stir to achieve a lavender-colored icing.
- 9Spoon the icing over the cupcakes, then top each one with a sprig of fresh lavender or candy sprinkles. Let set before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 217.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender flowers