Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Another recipe I found while searching for some worthy recipes to use the lavender that my dear friend --Rita-- sent to me recently. She is such a doll! This recipe seems more than worthy! :) Remember to add time for cooling! 4 hours or overnight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly coat 8 (4-ounce) ramekins or shallow fluted dishes with butter and place in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- 2Bring cream and lavender to simmer in medium saucepan on medium heat. Remove from heat. Let stand 10 minutes then strain mixture through fine mesh strainer to get rid of the lavender 'lumps'.
- 3Beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup of the sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until pale yellow. Can you say Kitchen Aid? lol.
- 4Gradually whisk in cream mixture and then pour evenly into prepared ramekins. Carefully pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- 5Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until custards are almost set in center. Let custards completely cool in the water bath before removing.
- 6Cover each custard with plastic wrap to avoid a film on top and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 7Sugar Crust: aka FIRE! lol -- Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the remaining sugar evenly over each custard. Holding a hand-held torch 4 inches from the sugar, lightly brown the sugar using a slow even motion. Remove the flame just before desired degree of browning is reached, as the sugar will continue to brown for a few seconds.
- 8Refrigerate creme brulee 30 minutes before serving to allow topping to harden.
- 9Test Kitchen Tip: Sugar topping can also be browned under a broiler. Place custards on a baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until sugar is melted and golden brown.
- 10Note: Try ~Rita~'s Lavender Sugar With Vanilla for the step above!
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 417.4
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 263.8 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: