1 hr 20 mins
This sounds like a lovely dessert! The flavor of lavender is something I have just come to really enjoy, and I look forward to trying this recipe! Prep times are guesstimated, and cook time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325ºF. Place 4 (6 oz.) ramekins in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2Place whipping cream and lavender in medium saucepan; bring to a low boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minute.
- 3Strain into a small bowl, pressing against lavender in strainer with back of a spoon to extract as much flavor as possible. Discard lavender.
- 4Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and egg. Slowly whisk in sugar.
- 5Whisk in strained cream and vanilla. Pour into dishes and place in oven. Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of dishes.
- 6Bake 40-45 minute Remove from roasting pan with tongs and cool for 1 hour at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- 7Before serving, heat broiler. Place dishes in same roasting pan. Press brown sugar through strainer over custards to evenly cover. Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 1-2 min or until sugar melts. Watch carefully so it doesn't burn.
- 8NOTE: If using a mini blowtorch to caramelize sugar, use 2-3 teaspoons white sugar to coat tops of each custard instead of brown sugar.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Creme Brulee
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.4
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 316.7 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 36.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: