Recipe by HeatherFeather
I haven't tried this yet. Adapted from an article on lavender in cooking in "Yankee" magazine. The cook time is actually minimum standing time.
Top Review by Rita~
I`ve been growing lavender for years and this is the first year I`ve made so many recipes from it reviews are posted they are just delish. Does anyone remember those little tea sandwiches? Well that`s what I made using this delightful spread. Thanks Heather!
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lavender flowers (edible variety from a health food store)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend together all ingredients well and let rest at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Taste and add more herbs as desired.
- Wrap and chill well.
- When ready to serve, let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to soften; serve with slices of French bread, tea cakes, or crackers.