Recipe by Sharon123
From Better Homes and Gardens, this is a refreshing drink everyone should try! Cooking time is approximate.
Top Review by crusingal4
I make this every summer. But I make it into a "cooler" by eliminating the lemon juice. When the lavendar syrup has cooled, I pour about 1 " into a tall glass, and add Sparkling Water, or any carbonated water , plus some ice!! Refreshing drink !!!
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup dried lavender flowers
- 4 cups lemon juice
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 sprig of spanish lavender or 1 sprig other fresh edible flower
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine the sugar and the 3 cups water.
- Bring to boiling and reduce heat, stirring often, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the lavender flowers in a large bowl.
- Pour the syrup over the dried flowers.
- Let stand for 2 hours or until cool.
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve, pressing on the flowers with the back of a wooden spoon to extract all the liquid.
- Cover and chill for up to 1 week.
- To serve, in a very large pitcher or crock, measure 4 cups of the syrup.
- Add the lemon juice and 8 cups cold water.
- Stir well to combine.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses.
- Garnish with sprigs of lavender, if desired.
- Makes about 20 servings (6 ounces each).