Recipe by Rita~
Top Review by That girl Mel
These are addictive! I used 1 1/2 teaspoons of lavender, I liked a little more of the flavor and I too used flowers instead of leaves. Just a hint, I found the lavender in the Hispanic grocery store near me in the aisle with the spices in small bags for less than $1!!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- rose water
- 3 -5 drops red food coloring, to make icing pink
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Put eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla, and lavender into blender and run on low until well mixed.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add other ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Drop dough a teaspoon at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned for 8 minutes.
- Blend enough rosewater, red food coloring into the confectioners' sugar to make a smooth frosting.
- Ice the cookies and let them set until frosting is firm.