Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion
Make and share this Lavender Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- **1 teaspoon lavender flowers yields the faintest floral aroma; 3 teaspoons is much more assertive; start with 1 teaspoon and taste raw dough; adjust the amount if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375°; grease two baking sheets (or line with parchment paper).
- Crumble the lavender between your fingers into a mixing bowl.
- Add in the butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, and baking powder; beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs; then beat in the flour.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until they’re lightly browned at the edges.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for a minute or two, then transfer them to a rack to cool.
Lovely cookie. Since this was my first time making this recipe, I used 1 teaspoon lavender which resulted in a nice, delicate flavor. I used my mini ice cream scoop to create perfectly round cookies. I baked on a Silpat and needed to bake a little longer than stated for the edges to become golden. Thank you for posting the recipe.