Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it is a favorite around here, These cookies are a taste of summer. Delicate buttery morsels with an herbal touch.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add in the flour and mix on low speed just until the dough is coming together.
- Sprinkle in the lavender buds and fold in gently. (don't over mix).
- Divide the dough into two mounds and wrap up well in plastic.
- Chill in the refrigerator for one hour at least.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flour your work surface and unwrap the dough.
- Take half of it out and wrap up the other half to keep chilled in the fridge while you work.
- Roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin, taking care not to overwork or overstretch the tender dough.
- Cut out shapes of hearts, full moons, stars and crescents.
- Carefully move the cookie shapes to nonstick cookie sheets, placing them 1/2 inch apart, fitting as many as possible on each sheet.
- Bake, two sheets at a time, until the cookies are golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- Use a thin spatula to move the hot cookies to a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container when cool.