I don't remember where I found this recipe, but it is a favorite around here, These cookies are a taste of summer. Delicate buttery morsels with an herbal touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy.
- 2Add the beaten eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3Add in the flour and mix on low speed just until the dough is coming together.
- 4Sprinkle in the lavender buds and fold in gently. (don't over mix).
- 5Divide the dough into two mounds and wrap up well in plastic.
- 6Chill in the refrigerator for one hour at least.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Flour your work surface and unwrap the dough.
- 9Take half of it out and wrap up the other half to keep chilled in the fridge while you work.
- 10Roll out the dough with a floured rolling pin, taking care not to overwork or overstretch the tender dough.
- 11Cut out shapes of hearts, full moons, stars and crescents.
- 12Carefully move the cookie shapes to nonstick cookie sheets, placing them 1/2 inch apart, fitting as many as possible on each sheet.
- 13Bake, two sheets at a time, until the cookies are golden brown, about 6-8 minutes.
- 14Use a thin spatula to move the hot cookies to a rack to cool.
- 15Store in an airtight container when cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (850 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1236.7
- Calories from Fat 591
- Total Fat 65.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.0 g
- Cholesterol 303.6 mg
- Sodium 444.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 67.5 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: