From The Lavender Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh meyer lemon juice (Meyer lemon replaced regular lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon dried culinary provence lavender (or fresh lavender when available. Start with 1 tsp. and add more to taste.)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed (FRESH!)
- 2 tablespoons honey (can sub agave, lavender honey or orange flavored honey)
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (substituted for 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1Grate the orange zest and set aside.
- 2Combine the orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice in a small sauce pan.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- 4Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a blender.
- 5Toast the cumin seeds in a dry cast iron skillet for about 2 minutes over medium-heat just until they are fragrant.
- 6Transfer the cumin seeds to a spice grinder along with the lavender. PULSE until finely ground. Add this to the blender.
- 7Place the cilantro, honey or other sugar option, chipotle sauce, and orange zest in the blender. PULSE until smooth.
- 8Add the olive oil and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9The dressing tastes best if it's prepared at least 1 hour in advance of serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender-Cilantro Dressing (Vegan Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.2
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh meyer lemon juice