Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
From The Lavender Cookbook.
Make and share this Lavender-Cilantro Dressing (Vegan Friendly) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh meyer lemon juice (Meyer lemon replaced regular lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon dried culinary provence lavender (or fresh lavender when available. Start with 1 tsp. and add more to taste.)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, lightly packed (FRESH!)
- 2 tablespoons honey (can sub agave, lavender honey or orange flavored honey)
- 1 teaspoon TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce (substituted for 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Grate the orange zest and set aside.
- Combine the orange juice, lemon juice and lime juice in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a blender.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a dry cast iron skillet for about 2 minutes over medium-heat just until they are fragrant.
- Transfer the cumin seeds to a spice grinder along with the lavender. PULSE until finely ground. Add this to the blender.
- Place the cilantro, honey or other sugar option, chipotle sauce, and orange zest in the blender. PULSE until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- The dressing tastes best if it's prepared at least 1 hour in advance of serving.