Lavender Cheesecake Squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- CRUST: Butter an 8" square baking dish.
- In a bowl cream the butter and brown sugar together. Stir in the flour, pecans and lavender.
- *Reserve* 1 cup of the crust mixture. Press the remaining mixture into the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- FILLING: While the crust bakes, prepare the filling by beating together the white sugar and cream cheese. Next beat in the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the baked crust then sprinkle evenly with the reserved crust topping.
- Bake 25 minutes. Remove from rack and cool 10 minutes. To serve, cut into squares and place on cake platter. Garnish with fresh lavender sprigs if desired.
- Keep stored in refrigerator; covered well.