Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Living in Northwestern Washington, lavender grows well and I'm always looking for new ways to use it. Got this recipe at a lavender fair I attended. Yummy and just a little different. Easy to make and sure to draw attention with the name alone.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons crushed lavender buds
- prepared graham cracker crust
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Pour in graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh lavender blossoms if desired.
This makes a lovely cheesecake and it's so nice to have a touch of summer in the heart of winter. It's very simple to make and anyone should have should have good success with this recipe. I did think that the lavender was a bit strong but that might have been because mine is relatively fresh- from last summer rather than having been on a shelf for a few years. I would use 2 Tbsp lavender from this batch next time. This recipe makes a smaller than usual cheesecake and thats a good thing here, lol. I wouldn't hesitate to make this lovely recipe again with just using a bit less lavender for myself.