Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice twist on normal chai that creates some complexity in your drink. Fresh spices taste best, but dried work too.
- 6 teaspoons loose strong black tea
- 1 fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 2 inches grated gingerroot
- 1 cardamom, seed pod crushed (with pod)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon crushed lavender
- Put water, tea and spices in a large pan and bring to a boil. You can start with the tea and water and add the rest as those are heating up.
- When tea boils, add milk and bring to a simmer.
- Strain and serve with sugar or honey to taste.