Recipe by swissms
I found this recipe in a mailer from Villeroy & Boch. It sounds very refreshing, so I am posting it here for safekeeping. Preparation time is a guess as it depends on your ice-cream maker.
- 3 -4 tablespoons lavender flowers (culinary grade)
- 550 ml white wine (use a light, fruity wine) or 550 ml sparkling wine or 550 ml champagne
- 150 g lavender blossom syrup
- 150 g wild flower honey
- 250 g creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the lavender with the white wine, syrup and honey and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool, pour the mixture through a strainer. Stir the creme fraiche into the mixture and pour into an ice-cream maker and allow to freeze.