Recipe by Vanessa
Yet another recipe from my local newspaper (it's my favorite section:P...food!). The recipes from this week were AMAZING! This sounds like a promising recipe that would leave a hypnotizing aroma in your home! :P
- 1⁄2 cup butter, not margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lavender sugar (see recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers (or minced leaves, or a combination!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped almonds (or other nuts, soaked in brandy or bourbon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar and lavender sugar.
- Add oil, eggs, flour, baking powder and lavender flowers (or minced leaves).
- Add vanilla and nuts; stir to combine. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Divide into 8 logs that are as thick as a banana and somewhat oval.
- Place 2 logs on each cookie sheet and bake in preheated over 15 min., or until light brown.
- Remove and slice biscotti logs at a 45-degree angle, about 12 slices per log. Return slices to baking sheets and bake until light brown.
- Let cool completely on a rack, then store in an airtight jar.