5 hrs 30 mins
Yet another recipe from my local newspaper (it's my favorite section:P...food!). The recipes from this week were AMAZING! This sounds like a promising recipe that would leave a hypnotizing aroma in your home! :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, not margarine
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lavender sugar (see recipe)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers (or minced leaves, or a combination!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped almonds (or other nuts, soaked in brandy or bourbon)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Cream together butter, granulated sugar and lavender sugar.
- 4Add oil, eggs, flour, baking powder and lavender flowers (or minced leaves).
- 5Add vanilla and nuts; stir to combine. Refrigerate 4 hours.
- 6Divide into 8 logs that are as thick as a banana and somewhat oval.
- 7Place 2 logs on each cookie sheet and bake in preheated over 15 min., or until light brown.
- 8Remove and slice biscotti logs at a 45-degree angle, about 12 slices per log. Return slices to baking sheets and bake until light brown.
- 9Let cool completely on a rack, then store in an airtight jar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (1054 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 25.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: