Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cooking Light. June 2000
Make and share this Lavender Apricot Swirls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh lavender leaves
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in lavender. Add milk and egg, stirring until just moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 5 times. Roll into a 9"x7" rectangle. Spread preserves over dough, leaving a 1/2" border.
- Beginning with long side, roll up jelly-roll style; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends. Cut roll into 9 (1") slices. Place rolls, cut side up, in greased 8" round pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.