1/2 Photos of Lavender and Vanilla Ice Cream
French Tart's Note:
A wonderful vanilla based ice cream with lavender, which can be whipped up with ease in an ice cream maker! This ice cream is wonderful served with poached gooseberries and rhubarb, as well as an accompaniment to classic apple pies and crumbles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the milk slowly to boiling point in a saucepan.
- 2Meanwhile, mix together the egg yolks and sugar until thick. Pour into this the hot milk with the vanilla extract, whilst continuously stirring.
- 3Then pour the mixture back into the pan and heat gently, stirring until the custard thickens - do not boil or it will curdle.
- 4When you can see a film form over the back of your spoon it's time to remove the saucepan from the heat. Leave to cool.
- 5When the custard base is cold, stir in the cream and the lavender essence.
- 6Transfer the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- 7Store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months; bring to room temperature about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with poached gooseberries, rhubarb, apple pies and crumbles.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender and Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 284.6 mg
- Sodium 61.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: