Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for oily skin.
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon beeswax
- 2 teaspoons cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 4 teaspoons emulsifying wax
- 5 drops resemary essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops chamomile essential oil
- Combine lavender flowers and boiling water in a bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes, then strain out flowers, reserving the water.
- Heat beeswax in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, with cocoa butter, and jojob a oil. Heat till wax is melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In another bowl, combine the emulsifying wax with 4 tbsp of the lavender water (remainder of water can be used in other recipes). Place over sauce pan of boiling water and stir till wax has dissolved.
- Make sure that both mixtures are the same temerature before combining, then slowly pour the lavender mixture to the oil mixture, stirring gently. Add very slowly to keep the two mixtures from seperating.
- Once cooled, add essential oils.
- Spoon into dark glass 2 oz jar and let cool before sealing.