1/2 Photos of Lavender and Honey Roasted Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
I found this burried recipe and thought instantly of our lovely French Tart and simply had to post this to get her opinion on the recipe. The intro on it reads: This marinade is great for roasted chicken, duck, hens, or any poultry. The sweetness of the honey and balsamic vinegar bring out the aroma of the lavender, and create a lovely brown glaze on the bird. You may also use this as a glaze for grilling chicken pieces, but be sure to baste it near the end of the cooking time to ensure that the glaze doesn’t burn.
My Private Note
whole c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and stir thoroughly.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F Season a whole chicken or chicken pieces (leave the skin on) with salt and pepper. Roast the chicken for 30 minutes (reduce time for a smaller bird such as a poussin or cornish hen).
- 3Baste with the lavender honey marinade every 5 minutes or so for an additional 30 minutes or until completely cooked. The bird is done when a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°F Do not overcook.
- 4[Chef’s Note: Once the bird has browned nicely, you can cover it with foil until it is finished cooking to prevent the skin and marinade from burning. Once finished, you can brush additional marinade between the flesh and the skin.].
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender and Honey Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1229.0
- Calories from Fat 419
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 224.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 148.7 g
- Protein 51.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: