Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is essentially a vanilla cupcake with lavender-honey frosting. If you can find lavender honey, it will add even more flavor..
- Preheat oven to 400°; place 18 baking cups in muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all the cupcake ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and pale, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon batter into the cups; bake for 20 minutes or until tests done.
- Remove pans from oven and cool for 5 minutes; remove cupcakes to a rack; let cool completely.
- To make the frosting: In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- Beat in honey and a few drops of food coloring; stir in half the lavender flowers.
- Spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes; sprinkle with the reserved lavender flowers.