My Private Note
large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small bowl, stir together yeast, water and sugar.
- 2Let sit about 10 minutes to proof.
- 3Add oil.
- 4Combine flour and salt in food processor.
- 5With motor running, add yeast mixture through feed tube and process for 20 seconds.
- 6Stop to scrape down bowl with rubber spatula, then continue processing to form stiff ball.
- 7Turn dough out onto work surface and knead for a few minutes until dough is smooth.
- 8Place dough in oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in draft-free place until doubled in volume, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10Combine sesame and poppy seeds in small bowl.
- 11Turn dough out onto work surface, flatten into rectangle and divide into 16 roughly equal pieces.
- 12Cover pieces you are not working with plastic wrap.
- 13On unfloured surface, roll each piece as thin as possible.
- 14Lift it up.
- 15Flip it over.
- 16And roll again until paper thin.
- 17You should have rectangle about 8 by 3 inches.
- 18Peel dough off work top and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 19Prick holes in dough with fork.
- 20Brush lightly with water and sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon seeds.
- 21Repeat with remaining pieces of dough and fit as many pieces as possible on baking sheet without touching.
- 22Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes, and cool completely on wire racks.
- 23Repeat until all dough is baked.
Nutritional Facts for Lavash
Serving Size: 1 (1018 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.2
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 256.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g