Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from a book on dinosaurs that my son borrowed from the library. Very simple to make and the kids can help, too.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 12 tablespoons strawberry jam or 12 tablespoons raspberry jam
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except for jam in a bowl. Mix well.
- Place mixture between 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll out to 1/8 - 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out 24 circles with 3-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Place 12 circles into a muffin tin, pressing down slightly to form a cup.
- Drop 1 tablespoon jam into each cup.
- Place remaining 12 circles on top of jam and press down edges gently to seal.
- Poke a hole in the top of each cup with a toothpick.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from muffin tin and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- **NOTE** Let cool before serving. Filling will be very hot!
Ohh my god!!! Bets thing I ever tasted!!!