Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
While temporarily stationed at Hickam AFB in Honolulu, Hawaii I had my very first Lava Flow experience. Needless to say, it was love at first sip. These are VERY good and VERY addicting. This is the closest, easiest, and best duplicate of the true Hawaiian lava flow, so ENJOY! And if you ever get the chance to go to Hawaii for yourself, you've just got to try 'em on the beach with their fresh pineapple. GOOD STUFF!!! (Prep time is freeze time for strawberry mixture, and cook time is approximate mix & blend time.)
- Combine strawberry puree and light rum and place in freezer for about 20-30 min (or make ahead of time and store it in there or the fridge for easier pouring).
- Place ice, Malibu, juice, and banana in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour half of strawberry mixture into glass.
- Pour blender mixture over that.
- Pour remaining strawberry mixture over top along the sides.
- You've just got to garnish these with those little umbrella -- stick them in the pineapple and cherry.
- Kick back and drink up!
Ever since Maui, I have searched for this recipe and have finally found the closest I could get! Tastes so good that you must be careful or drunkeness will follow shortly because they taste THAT good!