F-16 momma's Note:
While temporarily stationed at Hickam AFB in Honolulu, Hawaii I had my very first Lava Flow experience. Needless to say, it was love at first sip. These are VERY good and VERY addicting. This is the closest, easiest, and best duplicate of the true Hawaiian lava flow, so ENJOY! And if you ever get the chance to go to Hawaii for yourself, you've just got to try 'em on the beach with their fresh pineapple. GOOD STUFF!!! (Prep time is freeze time for strawberry mixture, and cook time is approximate mix & blend time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine strawberry puree and light rum and place in freezer for about 20-30 min (or make ahead of time and store it in there or the fridge for easier pouring).
- 2Place ice, Malibu, juice, and banana in blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Pour half of strawberry mixture into glass.
- 4Pour blender mixture over that.
- 5Pour remaining strawberry mixture over top along the sides.
- 6You've just got to garnish these with those little umbrella -- stick them in the pineapple and cherry.
- 7Kick back and drink up!
Nutritional Facts for Lava Flow
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: