Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
COOKING TIME INCLUDES COOKING PORK LOIN AND CROCK POT TIME! After pouring over numerous Mexican cookbooks, my boyfriend's mother and I came up with this recipe for our day after Thanksgiving Mexican fiesta. After a tortilla making lesson from the boyfriend's aunt, we used this meat for tacos. The next day, I made awesome pork enchiladas. The possibilities are endless!!
- 3 lbs pork loin
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Corona beer
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno chili (see note below)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large roaster pan, cook pork loin for about four hours or until cooked through.
- Shed pork with two forks and place in a large crock pot.
- In a large skillet, cook onion, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil. Cook until most of the onions are translucent. Add to crock pot.
- In a small food processor, process pickled jalepenos. (Measure jalepenos after processing.) Add to crock pot.
- Add beer, lime juice,tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes (undrained), salsa, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours stirring occasionally.
Too hot for this kid,but tasted great after I got past the heat. I will use fresh jalapeno's next time I make this. There will be no hot sauce either and less red pepper flakes as well.