8 hrs 30 mins
COOKING TIME INCLUDES COOKING PORK LOIN AND CROCK POT TIME! After pouring over numerous Mexican cookbooks, my boyfriend's mother and I came up with this recipe for our day after Thanksgiving Mexican fiesta. After a tortilla making lesson from the boyfriend's aunt, we used this meat for tacos. The next day, I made awesome pork enchiladas. The possibilities are endless!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork loin
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 large garlic cloves (minced)
- olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Corona beer
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno chili (see note below)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In a large roaster pan, cook pork loin for about four hours or until cooked through.
- 3Shed pork with two forks and place in a large crock pot.
- 4In a large skillet, cook onion, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil. Cook until most of the onions are translucent. Add to crock pot.
- 5In a small food processor, process pickled jalepenos. (Measure jalepenos after processing.) Add to crock pot.
- 6Add beer, lime juice,tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes (undrained), salsa, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, and hot sauce.
- 7Cook on high for 3-4 hours stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Laurie's Mexican Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.6 mg
- Sodium 618.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.8 g