Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe when I went on a lo-carb diet. It is one of my favorite meatloaf recipes.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I have used half ground beef & half ground pork)
- 1 cup pork rind, crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix meat and other ingredients.
- Shape into a firm oval loaf in shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Laurie's Note: Total 11 carbs.
- This was really good- very moist.
- When I removed it from the oven the baking pan was full of fat.
- I didn't pour it off; just let the meatloaf sit and soak it back up.
- Lana's Note: We like our meatloaf a little drier, so I drained off the fat.
- I have tried this recipe both ways& both are very good.
I used 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 a pound of pork sausage. It was delicious!
This is a great meatloaf recipe though I would add another egg to this recipe.
Very good recipe. I just can't give meatloaf 5 stars tho. I had an 8oz. can of tomato sauce. After the third cup used inside the loaf, I poured the rest over the meatloaf the last 15 min in the oven. Doing that I calculated the whole thing to have 14.5 total carbs. I also ate it as leftovers and was still great.