Recipe by LAURIE
This makes a very smooth, creamy, crustless and rich cake that is best served the day after it is made. This also freezes well. This is the plain version, feel free to add any fruit toppings of your choice.
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pint sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Use only an 8 or 9 inch springform pan.
- Bring cheeses to room temperature before starting.
- Mix cheeses together.
- Gradually add sugar and blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilaa and lemon juice.
- Mix flour, and cornstarch with butter.
- Add to cheese mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour into buttered springform pan.
- DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN.
- Place pan on center rack in cold oven.
- Turn heat to 325.
- When temperature is reached bake for 1 hour.
- DO NOT OPEN DOOR.
- Turn oven off and leave in closed oven for 2 more hours.
- DO NOT OPEN OVEN UNTIL THE THREE HOURS ARE UP.
- When 3 hours are up, remove from oven and let cool until cake reaches room temperature.
- Refrigerate IN PAN, until ready to serve.