Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was made for me, from scratch, by my girlfriend who has NEVER made a cake before, not even from a mix. She found this recipe on the back of my box of cocoa, and managed to find ALL the ingredients to make it in my pantry!! In honnor of her culinary triumph, I posted the recipe for her! Hope you enjoy it : >
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13x9" baking pan or 2 9" round cake pans.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with water until batter is well combined and smooth.
- Pour into cake pan of you choice.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for about 15 minutes, and then turn cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with your favorite frosting!