Recipe by laurenpie
So easy, you don't even thaw the chicken breasts first. The onions on top are incredibly, irresistibly delicious. You'll have this in the oven within 10 minutes, start to finish. Bake in a casserole dish with a very heavy lid, in order to keep the top from burning. Of course, if your chicken breasts aren't frozen, you'll need to significantly decrease the baking time.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 onion
- 1 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice onions into 1/2" wedges, set aside.
- Saute rice in butter over high heat. Add lemon juice, water and bouillon cube, bring to a boil and stir until bouillon has fully dissolved. Pour into medium-size casserole dish.
- Arrange frozen chicken breasts over top of rice, leaving at least 1" in between breasts. Cover with onion wedges, sprinkle with salt and parsley.
- Cover with heavy lid, then bake at 350 degrees for 80-90 minutes.