1/2 Photos of Laurel's Marinated Mushrooms (Easy Canning)
Chef PotPie's Note:
I've been making these for more than 20 years. I usually give them in holiday gift baskets, and if I don't, then I'm in trouble! Not only are they delicious tasting, they are very pretty, too! Only one thing about this recipe is that you have to find tiny mushrooms, 1-1/4 inch or less across, and that might not be easy. Our Fred Meyer store sells them, and when I'm ready to can them, I just pick up the whole case out of the produce section and plop it in my cart! This recipe came from my county exchange master canner, 1989.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 lbs tiny mixed mushrooms
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil or 1 1/2 cups salad oil
- 2 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon canning salt
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces pimientos, drained and chopped
- 12 -15 garlic cloves, whole, peeled
- 25 black peppercorns
- 1Wash mushrooms and cut stems even with caps.
- 2Bring water and lemon juice to boil, add mushrooms and boil 5 minutes; drain.
- 3Mix oil, vinegar, oregano, basil and salt. Stir in onions and pimiento, and bring to boil.
- 4In hot, sterilized 1/2-pint jars, Put 1 clove garlic, 2 peppercorns, and pack with mushrooms.
- 5Add stirred, well-mixed oil-vinegar solution, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- 6Wipe rims, cover with sterilized lids and rings.
- 7Process in boiling water bath 20 minutes.
- 8Let sealed jars sit undisturbed for 24 hours.
- 9Allow 6 weeks for full flavor to develop.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Laurel's Marinated Mushrooms (Easy Canning)
Serving Size: 1 (3196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 593.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: