Recipe by Ms Ladybug
This recipe is a combination of many other white chili recipes and the result of many trials. One of the things I really like about it is how versatile it is...add or take out whatever you and your family desire. I make a HUGE batch of it, then freeze in quart size freezer bags for a quick dinner during winter.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 30 ounces white beans (any canned variety)
- 2 lbs of cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn (any variety)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapenos, to taste
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- extra jalapeno, finely chopped
- shredded cheese (I use pepper jack)
- tortilla chips, to crush into the individual servings if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to stock pot, except for the lime juice and cilantro-- stir those in just before serving.
- Cook on medium high heat until heated through.
- When I am making a big batch for the freezer, I usually quadruple the recipe.
- Great to serve buffet style, with bowls of the extra chopped jalapenos, shredded cheese and tortilla chips for everyone to create their own bowl of chili.
- Prep time does not include cooking the chicken breasts.