Recipe by DrGaellon
This is an easy, healthy chili recipe that you can throw in the slow cooker and forget about all day. Great topped with low-fat Cheddar cheese, crushed corn chips, and a dollop of fat-free sour cream. I cut back some on the spice to suit my own taste, but you can add more chili powder, or use chopped tomatoes with chili.
Top Review by Music Heather
This recipe was easy to make and delicious!! Since my family is not big on spicy food, I did not use as much spice as the recipe called for and it was enjoyed by all. I topped it with mexican mix cheese and sour cream. I look forward to having the leftovers for lunch this week!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey, 93% lean
- 6 -8 ounces water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-sodium tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 8 ounces shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place turkey in the skillet, and cook until evenly brown. Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and scoop turkey in, leaving about 1 tbsp of fat in the skillet. Brown onion in the skillet, 6-8 minutes, then add to slow cooker.
- Mix in water, tomato soup, tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans and corn. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.