This recipe is from my dear friend Laura. My kids ask me to make these all the time. I do make them in a scone pan, and I am not used to free forming them although I know you can. They are moist and delicious
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (cold and sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup white chocolate chips or 1⁄3 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄4 cup pecans (toasted and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all dry ingredients into a food processor and incorporate with the cold butter and the wet ingredients.
- Mix in the chocolate or the cinnamon chips and the pecans by hand.
- Place into a divided scone pan and bake @400 for 20 minutes.