Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Got this from Mike's aunt Laura. She got the impression that I loved these when she made them. Maybe it's because I ate the whole pan myself!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 lb soften sweet butter
- 4 large eggs (or 3 extra large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Make crust (mix sugar, flour and butter until it feels like dough).
- Press crust into sides and bottom of greased and floured 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake 25 minutes @350 until light brown.
- While baking crust, make mix by mixing eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Then add flour and baking powder to mix.
- Mix well and pour into finished crust.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares.
- Decorate with confectioners sugar.
- Let stand uncovered to dry out.
Love these. They are very quick and easy to make and taste great.
These are such a treat! I used a gluten free flour blend called C4C (cup for cup) in the crust and filling, and adding an extra 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to the filling. I didn't press the crust up the sides of the 9x13, as I thought the bottom was getting a little too thin. Baked and cooled per instructions. Gluten free baked goods do not fare well when left out in the air, but this recipe breaks that rule. In fact, I think they're even better today (after sitting out uncovered overnight), than they were after dinner yesterday. :) This will be an excellent go-to gluten free recipe that can be used at bake sales or taken to BBQ's. Thanks so much for sharing, X! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.
Very lemony and nice crunch to the topping. I took this along to a babyshower - was very popular. Followed the recipe no need for changes. Made this for Chef alphabet soup Jul-Dec 09