- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 lb soften sweet butter
- 4 large eggs (or 3 extra large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crust (mix sugar, flour and butter until it feels like dough).
- Press crust into sides and bottom of greased and floured 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake 25 minutes @350 until light brown.
- While baking crust, make mix by mixing eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Then add flour and baking powder to mix.
- Mix well and pour into finished crust.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Cut into squares.
- Decorate with confectioners sugar.
- Let stand uncovered to dry out.