Recipe by TaterBug! :)
These bars are delicious. They are both creamy and zesty and oh so good! Enjoy! :) I have adjusted the recipe, thanks for the kind feedback, it is much appreciated.
Top Review by The_Swedish_Chef
Do you ever feel like Goldilocks when you're searching for that "perfect" recipe? Some are too "this"; some are too "that", but this one was "just right!" After making four different recipes for Key Lime Pie, I discovered something: no one in the family cared for them after the third bite! The fillings were just too thick, too tart and too much of it and our senses were overloaded soon after eating the pies. I needed something with the Key Lime "kick", but less of it. We were also equally burnt out on graham cracker crusts so I used Recipe #22036 as the base which was just flawless and I highly recommend! I read through the recipe twice, noticed that in the Directions, there is a "hidden" 1/2 cup of flour that is needed to stablize the filling so don't leave it out! Used 4 whole eggs, added 1/8 tsp. of Boyajian Pure Lime Oil rather than the zest, added the 1/2 cup of flour to everything else and it poured right onto the hot crust. Baked for 20 minutes and was ever-so-slightly overdone; next time, I'll bake it for 15 minutes. Let it cool, cut everyone at the cookout a slice, with whipped cream on top and the entire pan was gone before I knew it! Just the perfect amount of Key Lime filling to crust; we finished every bite, for the very first time! A real treasure of a recipe for those that love cheesecake, Key Lime flavour or a lighter version of Key Lime Pie.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup flour, all purpose
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Mix together 1 cup flour, 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt well to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough evenly into a 13x9x2 inch baking pan and bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- While the crust is baking beat the well softened cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add the sweetend condensed milk, eggs, lime zest and juice and beat for 2-3 minutes or until light.
- Add the 1/2 cup flour and salt and beat until just mixed, do not over mix.
- Pour the filling mixture over the hot crust and spread out evenly.
- Bake until just set or about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least an hour and then cut into bars.
- Dust cooled bars with confectioner's sugar.
- Chill bars in fridge or store in freezer, they freeze well.