Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful recipe given to me by my friend Laura. These are Simply Wonderful and very easy to make! These are best made in a scone pan, as one reviewer said they are a bit wet!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 ounces cinnamon baking chips (hersheys)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- In a food processor mix all dry ingredients and the butter. Pulse a few times until it looks crumbly. Or cut the butter in with a pastry knife.
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Add the milk mixture through the feed tub of your food processor, and mix for approximately 20 seconds.
- Remove to a bowl and hand mix in the cinnamon chips.
- Place in scone pan or pat them into 8 triangles.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Excellent scones! I agree with another reviewer that the dough is a little wet - you might want to add a little extra flour. I made mine with half all purpose flour and half spelt flour, which turned out excellent. I really liked the food processor technique, which made them a snap! Made for my adoptee in Pick a Chef Spring 2011.
These were wonderful. The dough did seem a little too wet for typical scone dough and "patting" into triangles wasn't an option. They were more like blobs of muffin dough on the pan. Tasted wonderful though!