Ransomed by Fire's Note:
I invited my mother over for a belated Mother's Day dinner tonight. She had asked for pot pie, and I wanted to make the chicken really tender for her because the has chronic pain in her jaw, similar to arthritis. So, I decided to make some modifications to a Better Homes and Gardens recipe I had for chicken pot pie, and this is what I came up with. It turned out to be some of the best chicken pot pie I've ever made. She took what was leftover home to show it off to all of my family, and I gave her the recipe so she could make it herself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 16 ounces mixed vegetables (I used an equal mix of corn, peas, carrots, and green beans.)
- 5 tablespoons chicken gravy mix (Sauce Supreme brand, if you can find it.)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1Place chicken in crockpot.
- 2Cover with condensed mushroom soup. (Do not add liquid.).
- 3Stir to coat chicken. Cook for 3 to 4 hours or until done.
- 4Cut or shred chicken to desired size.
- 5Keep in fridge until ready to add to pie filling.
- 6For crust, combine flour and salt.
- 7Cut margarine into flour mixture to form coarse crumbs. (I use a sturdy fork to do this.).
- 8Beat together egg and ice water.
- 9Add to flour, and mix until a soft dough forms.
- 10Flatten dough on plastic wrap to fit your pan.
- 11Chill for an hour.
- 12Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 13Heat vegetables and margarine over medium heat.
- 14Stir in gravy mix and flour.
- 15Add water and cook until slightly thickened.
- 16Stir in chicken mixture.
- 17Pour filling into 9 inch square pan.
- 18Cover with crust.
- 19Make a few slits in crust.
- 20Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Laura's Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 1512.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 21.6 g