Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This was a recipe I made myself that I based off of 2 recipes from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com - her Indonesian Chicken recipe and her Salsa Chicken recipe, both of which are delicious. Basically, I only had some of the ingredients for the Indonesian Chicken, so I mixed it up and changed it so that I could use up ingredients I did have. Not quite Asian/Indonesian, but still delicious! Hope you like it!
- 4 -6 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 -2 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- Put peanut butter in bottom of crockpot on high. Occasionally stir so peanut butter does not burn. (I would use the 1/2 cup if I were using 6 chicken breasts).
- Chop garlic cloves. Cook corn as directed. Drain black beans. Throw in everything except the chicken in the crockpot. Stir.
- Add the frozen chicken. Stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. (if your crockpot is not 2/3 full, you will need to keep an eye on it and stir it occasionally so it doesn't burn).
- Serve with rice or bread or noodles. (I prefer rice.).
I was really skeptical about how the peanut butter would work in here, but let me tell you, this was absolutely delicious!!!!!