- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until blended.
- Add 2 jars hearts of palm, drained and sliced into 1/2-inch rings.
- Add tomato cut into thin wedges (you may substitute grape tomatoes if desired).
- Place mixture in refrigerator for several hours.
- Blend in 1 bag of European salad mix.
- You could cut up your own lettuce, but I look for all the time saving shortcuts I can find.
This salad was PERFECT!! It is perfect for a summer BBQ. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe we will make it again and again!!
PS I have been substituting the white wine vinigar for red wine vinigar and it is still WONDERFUL! Have also used Grey Pupon "mild and creamy" dijon with great success!! :)
WOW-ZA! This is superb and easy to boot! I had several cans of hearts of palm cuts from the dollar store and wanted to make a yummy salad with them. I can't believe how much we loved this. I made very few changes based on what I had on hand. I pressed my garlic clove and used rice vinegar instead. For my greens I used butter lettuce and dumped the marinated salad on top with one hard boiled egg as a garnish. The Dijon mustard made the marinade thick and creamy but it was still not too strong. I can't wait to make this again! Thanks so much, Guava Girl, for this fantastic recipe.
This was a hit at my Thanksgiving dinner.I followed your recipe except that I added some roasted pine nuts and some parmesan cheese. It looked fantastic and taste even better.Thanks for posting this one. It's a keeper when you want to impress and not much work to prepare. Sage/Rita