Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the local paper. Haven't tried it yet but it sounded interesting. (after all it is the first lady)
- 12 medium red potatoes
- 4 large hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted & chopped
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Rinse under cold water, peel and dice in a large bowl.
- Add chopped egg, olives& jalapeno, tossing gently until combined.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro and oregano.
- Stir gently into potato mixture.
- Season to taste with salt& pepper.
Yum Cher, this was so good. We ate it warm, with our BBQ tonight. I loved the Jalapenos in it-just a nice bite. I had no cilantro, so used lemon thyme instead. It worked just fine.
After some work on this I will give it 5 stars. I'm sure this just a guide line like most of these type recipes, but I kept tasting and increasing the spices until I was happy with it. I did use dried cilantro and used sliced jalapeno peppers. I love potato salad and the oregano was something new to me. Yes It's there but you really can't taste it. Thanks!