1/1 Photo of Laugenbrotchen (Pretzel Rolls)
2 hrs 25 mins
These are traditional German bread rolls made from pretzel dough- so the dough can also be used to make pretzels (Brezen). A Betty Bossi recipe. Preparation time includes rising time. Dough could initially be done in the breadmaker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the first 6 ingredients together and knead to a soft dough, about 10 minutes.
- 2Then let it rest in an oiled bowl, covered, until the dough has doubled in size (about 1 hour).
- 3Form into 14 bread rolls/pretzels/croissants. Place on baking paper well spaced, and allow to rise again (about 20-40 minutes).
- 4Mix the water, salt and bicarb in a stainless steel pan and bring to the boil. Take it off the heat.
- 5Take the risen bread rolls, and using a slotted spoon, dip them one by one in the bicarb water, drain well and set back on the paper.
- 6Cut slits in the bread rolls with a sharp knife and sprinkle with extra coarse salt.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes in the middle of a preheated 200 degree Celcius oven.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Laugenbrotchen (Pretzel Rolls)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 2353.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g