1/1 Photo of Latvian Style Baked Onions
This is one of a number of historical recipes I am posting from my cookbook collection. It is adapted from the 1953 edition of Adventures in Good Cooking, by traveling salesman and food critic Duncan Hines, and featuring recipes collected from around the USA. This recipe is from Allison's Wells in Way, Mississippi. Butter may be substituted for the bacon drippings. Recipe does not specify an amount for the butter or the type of cheese, only "mild."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat bacon drippings in a large skillet.
- 3Add onions and saute until lightly browned.
- 4Place onions in a baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 5Drizzle with a little melted butter.
- 6Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 7Bake about 15-20 minutes, or until browned.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Latvian Style Baked Onions
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 116.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: